oltu-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for n.0 codebase
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 22:18:01 GMT
Hi, Pid.

Thank you for resuming the checkpoints. Please see my comments inline.

Raymond

On May 9, 2012, at 1:05 PM, Pid wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There's been a bit of a gap since Antonio's last thread/summary.
>
> Can we have a checkpoint now & see what's changed, if anything?
>
> I know there's been some discussion with legal@ and I'd happily
> volunteer to discuss the copyright issue with Newcastle Uni, if the
> project felt that this would help move things forwards.

If you can help resolve the issue with Newcastle Univ. and have them sign off the copyright
(they can just agree to either remove it or move them into the NOTICE file from the headers).
This is the only concern left.

> If not, then it seems like the following are our options - unless I've
> missed a thread & am out of date*:
>
> 1.  We proceed with a release (Incubator permits releases even if all
> exit criteria are not met)

Based on the comments on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-134, I think we are good
to move forward.

> 2.  We tag the existing trunk & mark it DORMANT; starting a fresh API
> (ie abstract/interface only) for discussion - attempting a cleaner
> implementation thereafter

I prefer option 1.

> 3.  We send Amber to the Attic

-1 :-).