openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Marcin Gutman <mgut...@op.pl>
Subject Re: Registering EventListeners on Add-on Menu item
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:34:06 GMT
 > Could you please give me more details on what exactly should be done
to establish communication between
 > OpenOffice.org and external application.

Maybe this will be helpful...
You can check this extensions:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/improved-trend-lines
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/digitizer-of-xy-chart

They are available in two versions each i.e. as an OXT extension or as a
"standalone" JAR version.

In both cases GUI are written in pure Java Swing.
In the first case GUI are started using L/OOo "Add-Ons" menu.
In the second case L/OOo is not running. For the first time when a GUI
is started from a JAR file (as any java program) a path to a directory
with "soffice" executable must be set. After that a GUI is able to
launch L/OOo and connect yourself to it using L/OOo Bootstrap method.

(Source code is available.)

Best Regards,
Marcin