openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Java Object Inspector Download URL
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2013 08:33:35 GMT
On 1/12/13, Bernard Marcelly <marcelly@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> Message de Alexandro Colorado  date 2013-01-11 23:24 :
>> Hi I am looking for the current place of the Java Object Inspector
>> since it seems the URL is sort of outdate and would need to document
>> the current URL.
>>
>> I have looked on the SVN and found the URL to the source code, but I
>> am still missing on the binary package.
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/odk/examples/java/Inspector/
>>
>> I guess I should have an oxt somewhere around the tree.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
> Hi,
>
> Object inspector 1.0 extension file is available at
> <http://api.openoffice.org/Projects/ObjectInspector/Inspector.oxt>
>
> According to Serge Moutou, Object inspector 2.0 was less usable
> <http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/ObjectInspectorComparison>
> I could not find its oxt.
>
> In fact, Object inspector project is superseded by the introduction of
> extension
> MRI (written in Python, but usable from many languages).
>
> Basic programmers will prefer Xray (it is not an extension). See my web site
> for
> the latest version.
> <http://bernard.marcelly.perso.sfr.fr/index2.html>
>
> Regards
>    Bernard

May thanks Bernard, I am compiling an article with the different
object inspectors including all the ones you mentioned. Thanks for the
update about the 2.0 version, I read the comparison document on the
wiki between 1.0 and 2.0.

Thanks for the update. I will add the note on the Object Inspector wiki page.
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Object_Inspector
--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor