openoffice-api mailing list archives

From "Shukla, Mangesh" <mangesh.shu...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Registering EventListeners on Add-on Menu item
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:45:30 GMT
Hi Marcin,
    Thanks for your response. Hopefully this will get me started.

Warm regards,
Mangesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcin Gutman [mailto:mgutman@op.pl]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 5:04 PM
To: api@openoffice.apache.org; Shukla, Mangesh
Subject: Re: Registering EventListeners on Add-on Menu item

 > Could you please give me more details on what exactly should be done to establish communication
between  > OpenOffice.org and external application.

Maybe this will be helpful...
You can check this extensions:
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/improved-trend-lines
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center/digitizer-of-xy-chart

They are available in two versions each i.e. as an OXT extension or as a "standalone" JAR
version.

In both cases GUI are written in pure Java Swing.
In the first case GUI are started using L/OOo "Add-Ons" menu.
In the second case L/OOo is not running. For the first time when a GUI is started from a JAR
file (as any java program) a path to a directory with "soffice" executable must be set. After
that a GUI is able to launch L/OOo and connect yourself to it using L/OOo Bootstrap method.

(Source code is available.)

Best Regards,
Marcin