openoffice-api mailing list archives

From "Shukla, Mangesh" <mangesh.shu...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Looking for a makefile sample to generate a simple dll
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 04:40:16 GMT
Hi Ariel,
    Thanks for the quick response. I will check out the two approaches.
Regards,
Mangesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Ariel Constenla-Haile [mailto:arielch@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:00 AM
To: api@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Looking for a makefile sample to generate a simple dll

Hi Mangesh,

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 01:44:30PM +0000, Shukla, Mangesh wrote:
> Hi , I am a newbie and have started working on a simple DLL, which
> interacts with OpenOffice.org. My DLL does not add any new types to
> the Application, but only populates information in the spreadsheet
> from an external application.  I have been able to create Visual
> Studio project to create the DLL and it is working fine.  Now I would
> like to use the Makefile to generate the same as the DLL needs to be
> ported on Mac as well as Linux. I am unable to get a Makefile which
> could be a good starting point. I have looked at the SDK samples
> makefiles, but they are either generating an EXE or building a
> component DLL. I am looking for  a sample which generates an external
> DLL.
>
> I would be grateful if someone could share a sample for the same.

Assuming that your library is only linked to the standard libraries, with no external dependencies,
simply copy the rules to make the UNO component libraries, but remove the code that links
the library to the URE libraries.

The only example I've in mind right now is the MySQL SDBC driver extension, that builds both
the C/Connector and the C++/Connector:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/aoo-my-sdbc/source/browse/source/external.mk

though it's a little more complex, it does what you're trying to do.
The driver is not linked to the C++/Connector, it loads the library at runtime, and uses function
pointers.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile