openoffice-api mailing list archives

From "Shukla, Mangesh" <mangesh.shu...@siemens.com>
Subject Regarding MSVCR80.dll
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:14:45 GMT
Hi,
I am using OpenOffice3.4.1 sdk to build an external dll (it does not add any new types, and
is based on the documentLoader example) , which interacts with OpenOffice. I could build the
dll using Visual studio 2012 and use it as well. However since the dll is supposed to be cross
platform, I moved the project to a Makefile. I have written a Makefile, which creates the
.dll, and .lib. However when I use it in a test application, the application complains that
the MSVCR80.dll is missing from the computer. I have the following set for the CPP compiler

OO_SDK_CPP_HOME=C:\apps\MVS8\VC\bin

Changing the CPP home to use the Visual studio 2012 compiler, causes compilation error.
I have all the versions from VS2005 to VS2012 installed on my PC.

I implemented a test application using VS2012 as well as VS2008, but both applications complain
about the MSVCR80.dll

At the same time I am able to use the DLL built using the VS2012 project, and everything works
fine

Please advise on what is the best way of compiling using the Makefile and using the dll. Let
me know if you need anymore clarification.

Thanks
Mangesh