openoffice-api mailing list archives

From "Shukla, Mangesh" <mangesh.shu...@siemens.com>
Subject RE: Regarding MSVCR80.dll
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 02:43:30 GMT
Hi jg,
    My aim is to develop the client dll which deals with OpenOffice.org. This dll is required
on Windows/Mac/Linux as we have a application that runs on all platforms. Because of this
requirement, I moved from the Visual Studio project to Makefile so that only compilation is
required on each platform. However I noticed that the dll built using the Makefile complained
of the MSVCR80.dll. Incidentally I even have VS2005 installed on my machine which is Win7
x64. I tried changing the C++ compiler to VS2012, but it does not compile the Makefile. I
would like to know if others have experienced similar problems with the Makefile.

Thanks
Mangesh

-----Original Message-----
From: jg [mailto:jg@jgoettgens.de]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 8:17 PM
To: api@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding MSVCR80.dll

Why can't you stay with Visual Studio 2012 and install the associated Visual Studio 2012 runtime
libraries
(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679) on the other Windows targets?

If I remember correctly, MSVCR80.dll belongs to VS2005. So in case you build different versions
of your module using VS2012 and VS2005 you need to have both associated runtime libraries
installed.

--

jg