openoffice-api mailing list archives

From "Steele, Raymond" <raymond.ste...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: soffice process still running
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 16:25:57 GMT
Ariel,

Thank you for the quick response.   I have narrowed the continued process down to a component.
 However, the behavior is strange because I am not really opening the component in my code.
My code opens a document using XComponentLoader::loadComponentFromURL(). I set the "Hidden"
property to true so the user cannot see it.   The document that is open contains Dynamic Data
Exchange (DDE) links to another closed document. The code then uses XRefreshable interface
to refresh all the DDE links found in XIndexAccess.  Lastly, I export the document using the
"ODF Spreadsheet" / "calc8" filter name using XStore::storeToURL(). For some reason, this
whole process opens (hidden) the other document to which the document I am refreshing contains
DDE links to, even though I do not explicitly open it. Strange.

In my original query, I did not want to close documents that were not opened by my application.
(i.e. the user opens it by clicking on the OpenOffice desktop icon).   My solution to this
point for this issue is: if XEnumeration does have more elements, I create an enumeration
from XEnumerationAccess, loop through it,  get the XComponent interface and XModel for each
element, and XClose::close() the component if the XModel::getURL() matches a specific URL
to the implicitly opened document. Lastly, if the enumeration does not have any more elements,
I terminate the desktop. All of this prevents my application from inadvertently closing any
documents that were not opened by my application.

Do you have any insight to this behavior or recommendations?

Thanks Again!

Raymond