openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [AOO 4.0]: migration of AOO 3.4.x/OOo 3.x user profile data - help needed
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:12:27 GMT
Hi Andreas,

On 05.06.2013 14:00, Andreas S├Ąger wrote:
> If the developers obviously have no clue how to get things right, if
> even the project lead seems to be completely clueless about the way his
> product works ...
>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@openoffice.apache.org/msg07883.html
>
> ... how could I contribute anything useful?

- By giving constructive feedback
- By asking questions
- By helping with translation
- By helping with testing
- By helping with documentation
- By helping with marketing and promotion
- By setting up a test environment, installing old version OOo 3.x or
AOO 3.4.x, upgrading to AOO 4.0 and reporting success or failure
- By taking responsibility for certain management tasks
- ...

> I do not even understand my own extension anymore that I wrote 6 years
> ago. I do understand my own code but not the complicated XML
> configuration. The only thing I know for sure is that most of this
> extension used to run with any version from 1.4.x until 3.x.
>
> How could I test anything if I do not have any access to version 4? Am I
> supposed to compile it from source code or what?

By taking the stuff the community is providing - build bot results and
developer snapshots. These are installation sets that anybody of the
community can install easily.

Building it from source is also a good option.

Best regards, Oliver.