openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some questions about "undo"
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 16:22:48 GMT
Hi Jörg,

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 10:37:10AM +0100, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
> in:
> http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/document/XUndoManager.h
> tml
>
> I find no evidence for the version of the OO interface "XUndoManager" works.
>
> Earlier there were in the IDL-reference for always indicative of the form "since
> OOo xy".
>
> Is that no longer so?

This looks like an omission from the developer, you might want to submit
a bug.

The undo API seems to be new in 3.4 Beta:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.announce.interface/1218

> If yes, how can I know if something is a mistake or a non-existing function? And
> how do I know at what point is a specific feature available?

Besides the @since tag in the IDL, you can check at runtime using
introspection; the simplest way in Basic is the HasUnoInterfaces
function, more complex stuff in the reflexion module
http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/reflection/module-ix.html

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile