openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UNO for Dummies wanted
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 13:31:35 GMT
Hello Norbert,

note that you are not subscribed to the list, so you may miss some
answers.

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 07:21:01PM +0200, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thougt that M$ Word was complicated to interface from C++.  But for
> me OO seems to be much much more a pain in the ass because of all the
> tons of information about services, interfaces and factories etc.  you
> have to know before you are able to do something useful.  I assume
> that this concept superior over the M$ office concept, but for
> a simple C++ user who simply wants to create a document which presents
> the result of measurements and other data by using tables plots and
> some text it is far too complicated.
>
> I would gratefully appreciate  a howto which explain with practical
> examples how  to create a writer document and creating tables
> , formatted text (with sub and superscript)  inserting plots (e.g. SVG
> or postscript), filling document variables with formatted text  etc.
> Which also explain in very simple manner how to change the properties
> of a table like the back ground color or the font of the text or the
> width of a column.

Did you set up the SDK and try to build the C++ examples? At least try
with

sdk/examples/DevelopersGuide/ProfUNO/SimpleBootstrap_cpp
sdk/examples/DevelopersGuide/ProfUNO/CppBinding
sdk/examples/cpp/complextoolbarcontrols

I have a collection of C++ examples (with VS C++ project files), but
didn't check them in a while, it will have to wait until the weekend.

You can also search this mailing list for mails with attachments,
something like
http://markmail.org/search/?q=list%3A+org.apache.incubator.ooo-api+attach%3Acxx

Regards
--