openoffice-api mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [EXT] Actual expanded value of %origin% for toolbar and menu images
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:25:30 GMT
On 11/08/14 10:57, Amenel VOGLOZIN wrote:
> Hi,
> This message is just to bring a peculiarity of the SDK to the attention of the subscribers
to this mailing list.

subtree of your project (and installed extension).

> Details follow.
>

> The context: I was trying to add icons to the toolbar and menu commands of an extension
I'm developing. I ended up following the pages at these addresses:
> * https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/Article/Generic_UNO_Interfaces_for_complex_toolbar_controls
> * https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/WritingUNO/AddOns/Images_for_Toolbars_and_Menus
>
> I couldn't get the images to appear although I was certain the URLs were fine. Therefore,
I went back to creating a dummy add-on project in NetBeans so I could see which URL would
be generated.

> Instead of the %origin%/images/img.png pattern that I was using (and which is used in
the second Wiki page mentioned above), the auto-generated Addons.xcu file had %origin%/../../../../../images/img.png

> Images are found and displayed with the string of ".." parent folders but not without
these double dots. Apparently, %origin% does not point to the root folder in which the extension
is installed (AddOn\build\soffice_debug\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\svfj5eg0.tmp_\AddOn.oxt\
in my case), which seems (to me) to diverge from what the Wiki says. Maybe that the definition
of %origin% could be updated in the Wiki or checked/clarified?

> The conclusion that I come to is that %origin% gets expanded into [the
> pretty long]
> AddOn\build\soffice_debug\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\svfj5eg0.tmp_\AddOn.oxt\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office\
and not "just"
> AddOn\build\soffice_debug\user\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages\svfj5eg0.tmp_\AddOn.oxt\
as I thought, reading the current Wiki.

your observation is correct and it is misleading that %origin% is
expanded to the folder where the xcu file is stored. A poor design or
bug if you want. The plugin takes care of this and referenced images
relatively as you noticed.

Juergen

> Here is the complete scenario:
> * In NetBeans, create a new Apache OpenOffice Add-On project.
> * On the Define User Commands page of the wizard, pick a 16x16 PNG image as the small
low-contrast image.

> * Don't select anything as to the context. Finish the wizard. You'll see a bunch of "/.."
in Addons.xcu.

> * Right-click the project and select Debug Extension in Target Apache OpenOffice. The
image is displayed.
> * Exit. Then modify the URL (in Addons.xcu) to remove the parent folders in the path.
> * Debug again. The image isn't displayed.
> * Create a "images2" folder in registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/
> * Copy your image in there and change its name to img2.png. Also change the path in Addons.xcu.
>
> * In build.xml, add the XML fragment that is below this list of steps.
> * Debug with and without the ".." parent folders in the path. You'll have your images
displayed in both cases.

>     <target name="-post-uno-package">
>         <zip update="true" destfile="${uno.package.name}">
>             <zipfileset dir="registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/images2" includes="*"
casesensitive="yes" prefix="registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/images2" />