openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extension - AOO 4.1.1 - MacOS 10.9.4
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:40:53 GMT
On 10/09/2014 Hans Zybura wrote:
>> From: Ariel Constenla-Haile [mailto:arielch@apache.org]
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Target_Platform
>> in fact, setting the platform to anything else
>> than "all" will fail.
> Oh! Since when is this known? Where else is this important piece of
> information available? Issue 124783 only says that token macosx_x86_64  will
> cause an error and prevent installation. It does not say that one can't use
> any other token than "all". - OK, I see now that it follows logically, but
> it's not very obvious, isn't it?

Indeed it's not obvious. This must be fixed.

> Shouldn't this fact be mentioned very explicitly in the DevGuide? And in the
> 'Known Issues' part of the Release notes for AOO 4.1 and 4.1.1?

Well, since you now know what's useful to developers, just propose a
text and we can add it (the Release Notes for 4.1 contain user-oriented
remarks about this but indeed nothing that can help developers).

Or just ask and we will create accounts for you so that you can edit
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Target_Platform
and
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Release+Notes
accordingly. They are wiki pages and the only reason we restrict their
modification is to combat spam.

Regards,
   Andrea.