openoffice-api mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java sidebar extensions: AOO vs. LO
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 13:20:43 GMT
On 10/02/15 12:17, Fabrizio Marchesano wrote:
> I found it!!!
> Still don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but at least the panel
> is now visible.
> In the build path of the extension, I changed the pointing of *unoil.jar*
> from the file included in the path of AOO installation (*
> <aoo_installation_path>\program\classes* ) to the one in the installation
> path of LO ( *<aoo_installation_path>\program\classes *).
> This raised an error in *AnalogClockPanel.java*, which was asking for
> adding the unimplemented method *getMinimalWidth()*: I added it, generated
> the oxt file and...  Voila!... the extension now runs fine on LO 4.4 too.
> Just for the records, in LO I have now a problem with my custom extension
> (changing the font and alignment of the whole document and adding a page
> break near given text through a *XTextCursor* object and its methods
> *gotoEnd()* and* gotoRange()* do not work), but in AOO all works fine just
> as expected.

This is certainly a problem on LO side. I know they have done a lot of
changes in the API and I don't know how compatible these changes are.
Often it is more a problem of the underlying implementation and
unexpected side effects.

The side concept comes from AOO and was merged/integrated in LO and I
doubt that anybody really knows there about the details. It took several
iteration until they got it stable or usable at all.

Juergen