openoffice-api mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Fabrizio Marchesano <fmarches...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java sidebar extensions: AOO vs. LO
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 08:49:12 GMT
Got it!!!
I know this is a LO issue, since in AOO all was working fine, but maybe
this info can be useful in here as well.
More similar to a workaround than a real solution, at least it works:
a *gotoStart()
*call was included in the original code and it didn't work, but putting at
the beginning the code to change font and alignment as well as to add page
breaks, before doing everything else, was the solution.
Now all kind of formatting, replacements and insertions are correctly put
in the active document on both AOO 4.1.1 and LO 4.4 .
Thanks to all and best regards,

Fabrizio

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Fabrizio Marchesano <fmarchesano@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Juergen,
> thanks for your comment; I think so as well.
> I'm posting some questions on LO forums and mailing lists, I'll write
> again here if I'll receive answers (and hopefuly solutions) if this kind of
> changes between AOO and LO is of interest here as well.
> In any case: thanks to all AOO developers for the great work on sidebar
> and related extensions, I hope the have soon the chance to be again in
> touch to share my experience, which could result into a case of adoption.
> No more words, just cross my fingers.
> Best regards,
>
> Fabrizio
>
>
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 2:20 PM, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/02/15 12:17, Fabrizio Marchesano wrote:
>> > I found it!!!
>> > Still don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but at least the
>> panel
>> > is now visible.
>> > In the build path of the extension, I changed the pointing of
>> *unoil.jar*
>> > from the file included in the path of AOO installation (*
>> > <aoo_installation_path>\program\classes* ) to the one in the
>> installation
>> > path of LO ( *<aoo_installation_path>\program\classes *).
>> > This raised an error in *AnalogClockPanel.java*, which was asking for
>> > adding the unimplemented method *getMinimalWidth()*: I added it,
>> generated
>> > the oxt file and...  Voila!... the extension now runs fine on LO 4.4
>> too.
>> > Just for the records, in LO I have now a problem with my custom
>> extension
>> > (changing the font and alignment of the whole document and adding a page
>> > break near given text through a *XTextCursor* object and its methods
>> > *gotoEnd()* and* gotoRange()* do not work), but in AOO all works fine
>> just
>> > as expected.
>>
>> This is certainly a problem on LO side. I know they have done a lot of
>> changes in the API and I don't know how compatible these changes are.
>> Often it is more a problem of the underlying implementation and
>> unexpected side effects.
>>
>> The side concept comes from AOO and was merged/integrated in LO and I
>> doubt that anybody really knows there about the details. It took several
>> iteration until they got it stable or usable at all.
>>
>> Juergen
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: api-unsubscribe@openoffice.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: api-help@openoffice.apache.org
>>
>>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message