openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Nikki Oh <Nic...@NicoleOlivas.com>
Subject A brief comment on a specific thesaurus entry
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 21:07:10 GMT
First of all, I don't want to sign up for any kind of mailing list just so
that I can contact someone to say, "I found a word in the Open Office
Writer Thesaurus that is not a word".

That said, "transgendered" is not a word. Many people who identify as
transgender would be offended by being called "transgendered" as it implies
that being transgender is something that they have done as opposed to an
inherent identity. Therefore, I believe that the entry in the Open Office
Writer thesaurus for "transgendered" should be changed to "transgender"