openoffice-api mailing list archives

From Keith Alcock <ke...@keithalcock.com>
Subject Integrating help texts and tool tips for extension
Date Mon, 07 Sep 2015 20:19:14 GMT
API,

I noticed that the standard menus for Writer (File, Edit, View,...) when
open and hovered over will show tooltips.  For Edit, this is "This menu
contains commands for editing the contents of the current document."  My
extension also has a menu, specified in Addons.xcu, but there is no such
tooltip.  I have menu items which have URLs which will show the tooltips
specified in *.xhp file bookmarks.  This much works like the standard menu
items, but how do I provide a tooltip for the menu itself?

If I set HELP_DEBUG=TRUE and hover over menus, then the one for mine has a
URL of "swriter: private:menu/Addon1"  Using the entirety or just
"private:menu/Addon1" in an *.xhp file will not get me the tooltip.  Even
if it did, the solution would not be general.  How can this be done?

Also does anyone know if it is possible to jump to a certain position in a
help file when the corresponding control in a dialog is selected?  I can
easily get the correct help page to appear when the dialog is open and F1
is pressed, but I can't automatically scroll down the page so that the most
pertinent content is displayed.  It's as if all bookmarks and ahelp tags
may as well be at the top of the page.  Is this scrolling implemented?

Thanks,

Keith