openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [WWW] Web analytics
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:49:59 GMT
Am 08/12/2011 05:30 PM, schrieb drew:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I thought I'd start this list - unless folks think it is too soon
> of course.
>
> Currently the OO.o web sites, all of them, utilize a third party
> analytics firm (not Google). This is done by requiring that each site
> inject a small bit of JS in the page footer. (this was another
> requirement for the forums as an example and is used also at the
> extension/template repository)
>
> Going forward does the PPMC desire to use a third party analytic firm -
> i.e. Google.
>
> or
>
> Do we prefer to do it all in-house. (just guessing that their may be
> some knowledge on this subject in the overall Apache project :)
>
> Thanks.
>
> //drew

In-house needs a bit more knowledge and willingness to keep the maintain
stuff up. Maybe a bit too much overload because only a few websites and
numbers are really important to track. So, using like Google Analytics
is maybe already sufficient.

However, if someone has the knowledge and is willing to build a solution
just speak up. ;-)

Marcus