openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [www] OOo Website Conversion
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 10:07:46 GMT
Am 08/14/2011 06:58 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
> Hi -
>
> I have modified the template process.
>
> For html files the head and body content are extracted and then placed into the template.
>
> The wrapping is good. There is still work to do with getting to a single version of the
css and javascript.

> What is notable it that http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www and http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download
are now connected and have good layout and function.

Looks great. Thanks a lot for taking care about the CSS stuff. :-)

> Next step it work on the footer.

Currently this is the text:
"Copyright © 2011 The Apache Software Foundation, Licensed under the
Apache License, Version 2.0.
Apache and the Apache feather logos are trademarks of The Apache
Software Foundation."

I don't know if something is missing. However, 1-2 links more to
respective Apache websites for details would be helpful.

Marcus

> On Aug 9, 2011, at 1:09 AM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>

>> On Aug 9, 2011, at 12:22 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>

> <snip>
>

>>> When you look at "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/index.html"
the sidenav is not really turned off. It's just without content but the indent still remains.
Is that what you wanted? If so, the space is IMHO too much wasted as you can especially see
here: "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/download/other.html"

> Taken care of.
>
> <snip>
>

>>> And also here "http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/www/index.html" we still
have a bit to do. :-P

>> We do have a lot to do. It is not always a direct path and I am learning a lot! We
will need to make some choices about page layouts. Where do we want to have the different
types of pages? How much is special and how much fits a "cookie cutter" model?

> Getting close here as well.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>

>>> Thanks a lot for unifying the styles. :-)
>>
>> It is very much my pleasure!
>>
>> I am looking forward to your ideas.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>

>>> Marcus

and extraction of javascript and css.

needed. Here is how it currently works:

"scriptstyle.html"%}{% endif %}{% endautoescape %}

or if we want to have these files be next to the file they apply to.

%}{% include "scriptstyle.html"%}{% endif %}{% endautoescape %}

I used a

pages to the "www" area on Apache today. I won't link them in to anything. This will just
be for my education at this point.

status, we might consider just leaving the side navigation items as they are or augmenting
them somewhat, and using this existing "template" instead of the more involved "top tab" business
currently with the OO.o site. But...we'll see what we think after a few "tests" I guess.