openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:12:36 GMT
Am 08/19/2011 02:48 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> As my preceding forwards indicate, we're getting some interesting
> posts to dev@openoffice.org, including offers of help, but they are
> not getting adequate responses.  We're missing opportunities here to
> grow the project.
>
> Is there anything we can do to improve this?
>
> 1) Continue as now, and I'll forward "interesting" posts to ooo-dev?
>
> 2) Send a note to dev@openoffice.org telling them that we've moved
> over to ooo-dev and inviting them to join?

It's OK for everyone who is still subscribed to that ML. But not
everyone who wants to participate is already subscribed.

> 3) Auto-responder for dev@openoffice.org telling them that we've moved
> over to ooo-dev?

Not a good solution in the case of spam. They would get an answer, know
that it's a valid address and start mass spamming.

E.g., I'm still managing the dev@distribution.oo.o and
mirrors@distribution.oo.o ML and 99% is spam (up to 20 per day).

> 4) Shut down dev@openoffice.org to new posts?

No

It seems that #1 is the best way for the moment as long as the old ML
are still working. But maybe together with a note. Then the possible new
participant 1) gets an (first) answer, #2 knows that it goes on at ASF,
and #3 knows the new ML.

My 2 ct.

Marcus