openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:44:18 GMT
I can imagine what you think of. However, this was our consensus; or at
least the last standpoint in the discussion weeks ago.

I'm fine when we now decide different and create a new mailing list just
for users.

Marcus

Am 08/23/2011 11:08 AM, schrieb Jean Weber:
> IMO, any ordinary user who stumbled upon this list (ooo-dev) would be frightened away
immediately. This list is totally unsuitable for user support.

> --Jean
>
> On 23/08/2011, at 19:02, "Marcus (OOo)"<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>
>> Wasn't there consensus to wait for new mailing lists until there is really a need
to split up the things?

>> When we would follow this way, then we have to wait until the messages on ooo-dev@
from normal users grow up too much.

>> Otherwise we would create a mailing list for (currently) nobody. ;-)
>>
>> Marcus
>>

>> Am 08/23/2011 01:46 AM, schrieb Dave Fisher:
>>> The changes are good at showing where we are as developers.
>>>
>>> The unfortunate point is that users@openoffice.org is still a functional list
with several posts in a day and the change is hiding that list.

>>> Until there is ooo-users@i.a.o we shouldn't hide users@ooo.
>>>
>>> Does anyone think we should wait to create ooo-users?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

be sufficient to delete the "Users Mail List" row and to keep the "General OOo Mail Lists"
row as it points already to the modified webpage.

the old MLs have lost a lot of users/posts.

the Users Mail List on the OOo site?

to [2] and then [2] checked into to [3].

dev's. I think it's OK to start now to point to the new mailing list(s).