openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 22:00:01 GMT
Yes, it seems a bit difficult to decide what is the best for all or at
least the majority of our users.

Maybe someone has some more agruements about MLs vs. forums.

Marcus

Am 08/23/2011 11:40 PM, schrieb Jean Weber:
> Idle curiosity: I wonder how many people who offer support do it in both places: mailing
list and forum, or more or exclusively in one or the other.

> Personal observation (not intended as a generalization): my preferences vary with whether
I'm a consumer or a provider of support services. As a consumer, I generally prefer a forum,
but as a provider I prefer an email list. Perhaps I'm just weird, or set in my ways... :-)

> --Jean
>
> On 24/08/2011, at 6:04, "Marcus (OOo)"<marcus.mail@wtnet.de>  wrote:
>
>> I can understand Rob's arguement that we have to split ourself to give support for
mailing list(s) and forum in parallel. However, I believe that it would be an advantage when
the normal, average user has a choice where to go to get an answer.

>> Marcus
>>
>> Am 08/23/2011 09:50 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> There is no one-size fits all here.  We should have the list and the forum. They
are not redundant.  Some people will use both.