openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [discuss][www][wiki] Native-lang sites was Web, WIki, and Participation
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:40:54 GMT
Am 08/29/2011 01:04 AM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> I want to be clear that when I say preserve and support openoffice.org I mean *at* domain
name openoffice.org, whatever infrastructure it is hosted on.

Ah OK, got it.

> I don't have a problem with quickly deleting the pages at
> <http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/de/>  that we would not keep as part
of the Apache site, but I think it is more difficult than taking an axe to some pages and
not others.

> I would expect that one wants to do something harmonious at de.openoffice.org as well,
so the two German Language views are complementary and perhaps cross-referenced.

You mean 2 webpages/sites/domains for the same language? Hm, what would
be the difference between each other? Wouldn't it be better to just have
one? I think yes.

> And we still need to determine how to keep openoffice.org alive as an operating domain.

The current list is not that wrong to start as it still fit:

* I want to learn more about OpenOffice.org
[Link to some documentation]

* I want to download OpenOffice.org
[Link to the download portal]

* I need help with my OpenOffice.org
[Links to support pages and channels]

* I want to do more with my OpenOffice.org
[Link to the extension repo]

* I want to participate in OpenOffice.org
[Link to the developer webpages here at Apache]

Marcus

involved and how we need to consider some sort of differentiation between the openoffice.org
face to the world and the kind of face to the world from a development project that is more
appropriate on apache.org.  I think both are critical for openoffice.org.

> AFAIR we wanted to bring over the entire website content and then look
> what is OK and can survice. So, what is not Apache compatible we have to
> delete now.
>
> Otherwise we would start with some pages discuss many things and could
> make 1-2 pages per week which wouldn't be very motivating. ;-)
>
>>     3.1 As we find more and more cross-dependencies, I maintain that there is good
cause to preserve and support openoffice.org as the face to (and from) the broader community
of adopters, evangelists/marketers, and institutions/businesses that are engaged with openoffice.org.