openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An example of what's wrong up with the wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 17:01:02 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> As mentioned before I'm concerned with the concentration of power on
> the wiki, with a few moderators/admins having arbitrary power over
> content, even though they have not signed the iCLA, are not committers
> and have not been appointed by the PPMC.  So there is arbitrary
> authority, with no accountability.  Having a system like this
> abdicates the PPMC's responsibility for providing oversight to our
> Apache-hosted project websites.
>
> I posted a new FAQ on the wiki today.  This was to demonstrate that
> anyone could post anything on the wiki, under any license.
>
> The post was quickly taken down and my account was permanently
> blocked.

You are talking about:
# (Block log); 15:45 . . Ccornell (Talk | contribs) blocked Foobar
(Talk | contribs) with an expiry time of infinite (account creation
disabled, autoblock disabled) (Inserting nonsense/gibberish into
pages: Creating nonsesne content not realted to OOo Account banned.)
# (Deletion log); 15:44 . . Ccornell (Talk | contribs) deleted
"Documentation/FAQ/General/What is a good rhyme about OpenOffice?"
(Vandalism: content was: '{{DISPLAYTITLE: What is a good rhyme about
OpenOffice.org?}} <section begin=question/> What is a good rhyme about
OpenOffice.org? <section end=question/> <section…' (and the only
contributor was '[[Special:Contributions/Fo)

right?

So basically you tried to troll the wiki to prove a point:

If your edit stay in place you claim that there is a problem...
if your edit are taken down, you claim there is a problem...

Damn if you do, damn if you don't.... implacable logic.

> There was no discussion on the
> ooo-dev or ooo-private about the content removal

Do you suggest that every wiki reversal of 'Vandalism' (I mean, you
created a User named FooBar... you might as well have chosen
SuperTroll2000....)
be subject do a Discussion on a mailing list... ?

Norbert