openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Community outreach to openoffice.org visitors?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 21:27:22 GMT
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Do you mean this?
>
> http://www.openoffic.org
> http://www.openoffic.org/news
>
> Or which landing pages do you have in mind?

An idea: is there any easy way to get it into the header, so it is on
every page?  Something like "News: Apache OpenOffice.org!" with a
link, perhaps to a new blog post.  We could first write a blog post,
specifically reaching out to OOo community members and telling them
how they can get involved.  Then, once that is posted, get that link
out broadly, via the OOo website, wiki, mailing lists, forums,
Facebook page, Twitter, etc.

It might make sense to wait until we first do the source migration and
have Bugzilla, the wikis and forums migrated.  But right around then
would be a good time to put out the word.

-Rob