openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Access to wiki
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2011 16:34:29 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Eike Rathke <ooo@erack.de> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> On Sunday, 2011-08-07 11:27:26 -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> So assigning an open license is entirely optional.  I could upload a
>> page under by personal copyright and demand payment of 20 chickens or
>> 1 goat for copying the document.  For example:
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/FAQ/General/What_is_a_good_rhyme_about_OpenOffice%3F
>
> Hehe, Clayton was very fast to ensure you won't need a new shed for all
> those chickens and goats ;-)

Didn't Clayton just say that he had left the project.  So why does he
still have super-user privileges?  And since when does a non-project
member have the right to revert a change by a Committer, with no
discussion?

>> I think this is a problem.  Although I could easily accept some
>> sandbox where random contributions could be made under a variety of
>> eclectic licenses, we should be concerned with a few things:
>>
>> 1) How do we ensure that contributions are made in a way that is
>> consistent with the rights we need to even host the contributed
>> content.
>
> Ensure that contributions are made under a proper license by having
> a statement at a prominent place when editing a page. Have a bot running
> that searches for terms like license and copyright and such and review
> those pages, reject/undo edits if necessary.

That could work.  But it is a change from how the site works today.
Would be good to have it in the terms presented to the user when they
sign up for an account as well.