openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 02:25:45 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:15 PM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/2011 21:50, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 9:30 PM, TJ Frazier<tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> On 8/7/2011 21:03, Rob Weir wrote:
>>> [snip]

>>> Where would you like to see it? This is readily available (at least to
>>> me)
>>> under (toolbox)Special Pages>  User Group Rights>  List of members for
>>> the
>>> various groups. You will be mainly interested in Administrators (I still
>>> like 'sysop' better :-) ) and Bureaucrats.
>>>

>> I want their real identities and email address.  How else can the PPMC
>> contact them to see if they are still interested in volunteering?  And
>> how else can we verify that they are on the ooo-dev list?  I don't
>> want to guess on trying to correlate ID's on the two systems.
>>
> I take your questions as rhetorical, but the first one has a real answer.
> Users can be emailed through the "Email this user" function which shows on
> their user page (even if they don't have a user page!).
>
> Generally speaking, the wiki is very secretive about real names and
> addresses. The data is there, buried in the MySQL database, and must be
> extracted manually, /i.e./, at the o/s command level. I'd have to ask
> Clayton or Terry.

OK.  It's not necessary to bother Terry.  If we have a way to contact
them via the user page, then that is sufficient.  One of us can send
them a note, tell them that the wiki is in the process of moving over
to Apache, say that their admin/moderator experience would be valued
in the new project and say that if they would like to continue in
their current roles they can express that interest to the PPMC via the
ooo-private list.

I'll volunteer to send those notes.

Did you have any opinion on the ooo-* list aspect of this?  Are we at
the point where we need a ooo-web or ooo-site list to track
conversations related to the numerous online services the project will
soon have?  That will allow the ooo-dev participants to preserve some
focus and attention on the code.

-Rob