openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 21:52:13 GMT
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Andre Schnabel <Andre.Schnabel@gmx.net> wrote:
<snip>

> I think, Kay is asking for the "physical" solution. Means:
> - who will be the owner of the website
> - who will pay for the servers and bandwith
> - who will be the admin of the servers
>
> What seems to be unclear is, if Apache foundation will host content
> which is not directly under a *.apache.org domain.

Just to follow up on this, since this question has come up more than
once.  There are Apache projects that have websites at domains other
than apache.org.  This is rare at Apache, but has occurred in some
cases for historical reasons.  Three examples:

-- http://myfaces.org/

-- http://www.openejb.org

-- http://www.spamassassin.org

As you will notice, in these cases the domain names redirect to the
corresponding Apache project.

-Rob