openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 00:10:49 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> High Graham,
>
> I brought over the July 2011 report and updated it as well as I could:
> <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011>.
>
> This gives you some structure to chew on.
>
> It would be great if we had more to say about the *.openoffice.org site(s), downloads,
forums, wikis, and documents.

> Also, we seem to be stalled on getting JIRA/bugzilla up and running on Apache and also
migrated from *.openoffice.org.

> I also indicated we seem to have a provisional approach to migration of the main code
base to SVN and the rest to Apache Extras.  Something more definite would be good.

The feedback we received after last month's status report was that the
primary interest was on how the community is developing.  Sure,
infrastructure is important, but how has the community developed?

So might be worth mentioning the blog (new since our last report).

Modest growth in the number of list subscribers:
http://pulse.apache.org/#ooo-dev_at_incubator.apache.org

One new committer elected (Terry).

For issues I think it would be honest to say that we're struggling to
reconcile the way OOo was run under Sun/Oracle with how Apache works.
The issues range from mapping project roles, to mapping IP
requirements.