openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] <Initial Committer>: Revised Message
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 11:48:54 GMT
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:06 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> I have included the 2011-07-22 recommendations from Stephan Bergmann and the 2011-07-23
recommendation from Ingrid.

> These messages will start going out tonight (2011-08-01 utc-0700). They will only appear
on the PPMC private list.  I wanted you to know that action is being taken.

Thanks, Dennis!

-Rob

>  - Dennis
>
> *** specimen message ***

OpenOffice.org incubator podling. You are also invited to serve on the Podling Project Management
Committee after you are established as a committer.

> The prerequisite to becoming established as a committer is to register an iCLA agreement
with Apache.

> Our records indicate that no iCLA has been received from you.
>
> If you choose not to submit an iCLA, please report your decision to <ooo-private@incubator.apache.org>.
 We will then no longer need to track your status and will not send further reminder mails
to you.

> Otherwise, if you intend to submit an iCLA, please report your decision to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org
and indicate how much time you need before the iCLA will be sent to Apache.

> For more information and iCLA/CCLA forms, go to <http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>.
 Complete instructions for submission of an iCLA is at the top of the form (text or PDF).

> We welcome your contribution to the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator project.
>
>  - the Apache OpenOffice.org incubator Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC)
>
> *** end of specimen message ***

Status

> There are 20 Initial Committers on the OpenOffice.org incubator proposal who have not
yet submitted iCLAs or informed us of their intention not to do so.

> Today I used the following format for a message to one of those Initial Committers.
>
> Before 19 more of these are sent out I wanted to check how understandable this is.
>
> I am particularly concerned for how clear this is for those who are not native English
speakers.

> I welcome your advice.
>
>  - Dennis
>
> *** specimen message ***