openoffice-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 09:58:05 GMT

next and refined steps - see below.

Please hold me back, if the schedule is too tough.

Best regards, Oliver.

On 31.05.2012 10:38, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> [snip]
> Ok.
> Roberto, Rob and Kay are in favor to activate the update service only for a part
> of the possible OOo 3.3 instances in order to check, if the traffic can be
> handled. No objections from my side.
> One important remark which I had not given yet:
> When we had the redirect from [5] to [4] established by the ASF infrastructure
> team, all (yes, all) installed OOo 3.3 instances in which the check of updates
> is initiated will get the XML document. Whose which find an entry with their
> data (language, platform, architecture) will state that an update is available.
> All the others will state that the OOo 3.3 installation is up to date.
> To start this first phase the following tasks need to be finished:
> (1) Choose the OOo 3.3 candidates for the first phase.
> -- orw's proposal: italian on all four platforms

It looks like we will go for it.
Thus, I will reduce the current XML document to the italian entries.

> (2) Get in contact with the ASF infrastructure team to get the redirect
> established at a certain day.
> -- orw is volunteering for this task

I will try to get in contact with ASF infrastructure team today.

> (3) Fill the landing page [6] with content and links and activate tracking for
> this page.
> -- at least one volunteer is needed here.

Instead of a new landing page it looks like that we will go for the 
corresponding NL pages.
I will update the links in the XML document accordingly.
Rob: Can you provide the URL parameters for the Google Analytics tracking?
I will use "?utm_source=OOo3_3&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade" when I am 
updating the XML document. Please refine, if needed - Thx in advance.

> (4) Choose the time frame for the first phase.
> -- orw's proposal: 2012-07-05 until 2012-07-08 (if redirect can be established
> on Tuesday, 2012-07-05 and task (3) can be finished until Monday.)

Needs to be read: 2012-06-05 until 2012-06-08
As the italian NL page is in a good shape and no objections are raised so far I 
think we can go for it.

Best regards, Oliver.

View raw message