openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hamid Farroukh <h.farro...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [EXT] Dictionary extension for a Latin transcription of Persian
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 19:27:08 GMT
Thank
you very much for your fast reaction.
 There
is no official standard transliteration. All we have, are more or
less standard proposals. The standard, I use ("invented"),
is called Alefbâye 2om, which means 2nd alphabet. Soon I will
publish materials about it in English, as they are in German at the
moment. I will also update the Wikipedia page you mentioned.
 As
far as I know, this is the only proposal for which there exists a
spell check dictionary. Currently there is also a Persian-German and
German-Persian (Babylon) dictionary for this script. In the future
this dictionary will also be provided for English.
 "Persian
(2nd Alphabet)" would be perfect, although "Persian
(Latin)” would be fine as well. And if it could come with
OpenOffice 4, that would be great.
 Please
let me know, if and until when you need any special information.

 Once
again thank you very much for your support. I appreciate it very
much.

Kind
regards
 Hamid