openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Hamid Farroukh <h.farro...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [EXT] Dictionary extension for a Latin transcription of Persian
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 22:57:24 GMT
Farroukh

________________________________
 Von: Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org>
An: dev@openoffice.apache.org; Hamid Farroukh <h.farroukh@yahoo.de>
Gesendet: 22:55 Mittwoch, 2.Januar 2013
Betreff: Re: [EXT]  Dictionary extension for a Latin transcription of Persian

On 01/01/2013 Hamid Farroukh wrote:
> There
> is no official standard transliteration. All we have, are more or
> less standard proposals. The standard, I use ("invented"),
> is called Alefbâye 2om, which means 2nd alphabet. Soon I will
> publish materials about it in English

Understood. Well, in general to add support for a language we need a reference to an ISO code
or standard, since OpenOffice has big interoperability requirements, which would break if
we decide unilaterally that we will support a new language.

> As far as I know, this is the only proposal for which there exists a
> spell check dictionary.

This could help in getting some official recognition for the language, perhaps. Or the spec
Rob shared might be of help. Honestly I don't know how hard it is to have your transliteration
"standardized"; it might also turn out to be easier than expected, but this is not something
we can help you with. Surely, once you reach some "official" status, you can contact us again
and we can support the language directly in OpenOffice, with no need for workarounds like
the one that you are currently using (i.e., "squatting" Esperanto) and that seems to be the
best solution at the moment.

Regards,
  Andrea.