openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Viewer for OpenOffice on iOS
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 14:48:43 GMT
Top Post:
I wrote to the company—one guy—and politely asked him to abide by Apache's (and more particularly
AOO's) provisions. I did this via LinkedIn, as a direct email to him didn't work. In my note,
I cc'd the PMC private list. No news yet!—and I wrote him last year, too! :-)

-louis

On 12-12-31, at 14:25 , Louis Suárez-Potts <luispo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12-12-31, at 12:05 , Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

an AOO ODF format raeder application nicely using the AOO logo, link is

>>> I checked if we'd granted them permission to use OpenOffice.org logo etc back
in the day but came up with no record of that. (It would be in the logos@ openofficedotorg
list, a private one but archived, or was, once.) BML Solutions is evidently based in Montreal,
thus, as the loonie flies, not far from me. I can contact them and ask them about this, as
well as their general work, and ask them to work with us, as we require all to do.

>> Do you get any sense of whether their app involves any AOO code at
>> all?   IMHO, it would be hard to justify giving permission to use the
>> logo if the app involved neither the community nor the code.
>
> I don't know about the code, haven't checked (busy). I was simply going to ask the developer,
and point him to the published principles governing use of the trademark. I can cc this or
any list when I do that.