openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Calc user guide Chapter 6 - German translation READY NOW
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 21:20:57 GMT
Hi Heiko,

口 海 schrieb:
> Hi Andrea and OOo-Team,
>
> happy New Year for the OOo - Project and best wishes !
>
> As I had announced some months ago, I have translated several chapters
> of the Calc 3.2 - user guide into German.
> This chapter of the user guide is (to my knowledge) not yet translated
> into German.
>
> PLEASE help me to get it published on the OOo-website - as it would
> reward the work that went into it !!

Yes, we should make your translation available. I think, that the Wiki,
where the English versions are already available, will be a proper place.

> I am working on several other chapters of the user guide which have so
> far not yet been translated into German and I would like to receive help
> these upcoming weeks / months to get them published on the OOo-website
> etc etc , too.
>
> I am available in case further corrections etc etc are necessary.

The document uses the wrong template. That has the effect, that it has
the wrong language and wrong font size. The correct template is in
http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/deutsch/Vorlagen/vorlage-fuer-uebersetzer-und-korrekturleser/view

How to handle copyright and license is described in the mentioned template.

We should avoid the impression that this translation is authorized by
ODFAuthors (former OOoAuthors). If such authorization is wished-for, the
document would have to go through their revision cycles. Therefore I
think, that at least the OOoAuthors logo and text in the footer on page
2 has to be removed.

The document would need a proof reading to look for typos and wrong
links. But because it is for the outdated OOo3.2, I think we can take it
as it is. For AOO4.x the printing part has to be rewritten, because the
printer dialog has changed after OOo3.2.

Currently the Wiki does not react, so I cannot look for a proper place.
But I know, there exists a page for the English version. If no
DE-section exists, I suggest to add a line to that page, saying
"Translations" and in next line "Heiko Strauss hat diese Anleitung nach
Deutsch übersetzt." with "Deutsch" as direct link to the document.
Perhaps add the full German title. This way it can be found by search in
Internet and by search inside the Wiki.

Kind regards
Regina