openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Armin Le Grand <Armin.Le.Gr...@me.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New Apache OpenOffice 4 logo proposals...
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 10:56:37 GMT
     Hi Michael,

thanks for the continued work, I like it more than the prev ones. Still,
for my taste, it is too complicated. I honour to try to add information
about the available applications, but - for a logo, it's too
complicated. The big plus with the orb is it's *simplicity* from my POV.
Thus, I took the time and quickly created what I think would be enough
(using Draw ;-)). Have a look at:

The draw file: http://people.apache.org/~alg/Logos/AOOLogo.odg
The same as screenshot (for quick viewing):
http://people.apache.org/~alg/Logos/AOOLogo.png

It is:
- simple
- modernized to the (now) famous 'app'-Logo form
- easy to remember
- easy to reproduce

No Text. If text is needed, place it beneath or below.
No Numbers. If needed, place beneath or below.
Keep it simple :-)

What do you think?