openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] Dictionary extension for a Latin transcription of Persian
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:55:34 GMT
On 01/01/2013 Hamid Farroukh wrote:
> There
> is no official standard transliteration. All we have, are more or
> less standard proposals. The standard, I use ("invented"),
> is called Alefbâye 2om, which means 2nd alphabet. Soon I will
> publish materials about it in English

Understood. Well, in general to add support for a language we need a
reference to an ISO code or standard, since OpenOffice has big
interoperability requirements, which would break if we decide
unilaterally that we will support a new language.

> As far as I know, this is the only proposal for which there exists a
> spell check dictionary.

This could help in getting some official recognition for the language,
perhaps. Or the spec Rob shared might be of help. Honestly I don't know
how hard it is to have your transliteration "standardized"; it might
also turn out to be easier than expected, but this is not something we
can help you with. Surely, once you reach some "official" status, you
can contact us again and we can support the language directly in
OpenOffice, with no need for workarounds like the one that you are
currently using (i.e., "squatting" Esperanto) and that seems to be the
best solution at the moment.

Regards,
   Andrea.