openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IMPORTANT, DISCUSS]: no migration/use of former user profile with AOO 4.0
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 08:48:30 GMT
On 14.01.2013 22:50, Hagar Delest wrote:
> Le 14/01/2013 12:06, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann a écrit :
>> Does exist a description (may be inclusive a blob of the former user
>> profile) to reproduce the problem?
>
> Sadly, no.
> XP seems the version where it occurs the most.

Was the profile migration problem also reported on Mac, Linux or
FreeBSD? If it was mostly an XP problem then the observation by Stephan
Bergmann mentioned in
http://ooo-forums.apache.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55017&p=242599#p242632
could be real the root cause of all our profile migration related
instabilities.

The (very incomplete) stacks of the crash that I saw all mentioned the
update service being involved. This also fits with the observation that
the crash apparently happened after a predictable time, e.g. 30 secs,
which would also point to a problem in the update service.

> Next time I'll try to make a copy of the whole profile.

We're looking forward to it, thanks!

Herbert