openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Symphony code in AOO 4.0
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:09:02 GMT
On 11/01/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
> In any case, pointing out the lie on this list already gives 90% of
> the benefit, since such FUD cannot survive the light of day.  A blog
> post is unnecessary.

Regardless of what prompted the discussion here, a specific blog post
about what the Symphony contribution specifically has meant for
OpenOffice would probably be very informative for our users.

It would also be a nice way to show that formerly proprietary code was
incorporated in OpenOffice and is now available to other products that
can integrate it (and actually, in a few cases, probably already did).

Of course, no need to post it today, and especially no need to post it
with the aim of refuting misleading claims... I'm just saying that the
discussion here suggested that the Symphony contribution in itself is
worth to be properly acknowledged and get exposure.

Regards,
   Andrea.