openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: first look at a scrolling News column...
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 18:12:59 GMT
On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 7:40 AM, Carl Marcum <cmarcum@apache.org> wrote:

> On 12/31/2012 06:06 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>
>> Well, I have finally put up a mockup of what a scrolling News column on
>> our
>> home page would look like.
>>
>> This is in the "test" area on staging at the moment.
>>
>> http://ooo-site.staging.**apache.org/test/<http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/test/>
>>
>> This required editing changes to the index page and a minor styling change
>> for the home.css styles along with using an ssi for the news instead of
>> two
>> areas.
>>
>> For this mockup, I did take out a LOT of old news.
>>
>> Anyway, see what you think. I find the scroll bars a bit ugly but we may
>> be
>> able to pretty them up somehow.
>>
>> This will save the hassle we currently do with the News items however.
>>

> +1
>
> I like it.
>
> Thanks for work.
> Carl

Thanks for the kudos, all.

I will see what can be done about styling for phones.

and @Rob...well I wouldn't call these stories as much as just
"announcements" I guess, so they are somewhat different than our blogs.
Maybe we do have a bit more redundancy than we need however. I would think
anything that was sent out via the announcements mail list should perhaps
be entered in the "News" as well.  Just my .02.

I will work more on styling this week.

I may actually put ALL the old news items back in -- it doesn't hurt
anything and maybe folks would just like them as some historical reference.

MzK

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
                                                                         --
Aesop