openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: An idea: Add option to delete profile when uninstalling
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 07:43:19 GMT
On 01/02/2013 Tanja Meece wrote:
> I so agree with option of being able to remove your profile while deleting,
> that is a suggestion worth listening to.

This is a very good idea indeed. As discussed at FOSDEM (yes, we had
plenty of technical discussions there!) there is a technical issue in
implementing it like this in multi-user environments.

Profile creation happens when a user launches OpenOffice for the first
time, and is an individual setting. Uninstallation is a system-wide
setting. Profile cleanup is, again, an individual setting and OpenOffice
has no way at the moment to do something like "Rename the profiles of
all users".

Something like a command within OpenOffice to reset the profile at the
next OpenOffice restart could be easier to implement, but less visible.
Or we can accept that uninstallation offers to reset only the profile of
the user who is uninstalling (provided that this is still the main user
and not an "administrator" user he is temporarily impersonating).

Regards,
   Andrea.