openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bugzilla -- Any interest in enabling "categories"?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 07:29:57 GMT
On 05/02/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
> You can see our current Bugzilla taxonomy here:
> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/describecomponents.cgi
> We have around 50 top-level "products" and within that each product
> has one or more "components". ...
> Bugzilla has an option that we can enable that would add an additional
> level to the hierarchy, called "categories".

I wouldn't add a new level of hierarchy to a system that is already
quite complex. But some of the existing products could become components
of the existing "obsolete" product (groupware, oopm, wp, user-faq,
special_projects, kde, printing, testextension, stats...) and the
description of the core applications could be improved by adding their
name: for example,
   ---
word processor: This is the word processor and HTML editor application.
   ---
should include "Writer" somewhere.

Regards,
   Andrea.