openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From RA Stehmann <anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice in Fedora 19?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 08:45:17 GMT
Am 07.02.2013 22:10, schrieb Pavel Janík:
>> In my opinion the problem is not only the problem with the trade mark (or the simple
program-name) but also a public relations problem.
>> I do not know the team of Feodora, but I know many people of LO / TDF and, let me
be clear, _some_ (_not_ all) consider it well to cultivate a public representation that users
subliminally says that LO's successor OOo is . (not as an official statement, but subliminally)

> Is it LO who is infringing on our trademark or is it Fedora who is misusing our trademark
for other project? Shouldn't we notify Fedora people politely about this situation and let
them (and help them!) solve the issue first?

It's not only Fedora, but also other GNU/Linux distributions using such
transitional packages. It's a common way supporting users to update
their system.

Regards
Michael