openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From RA Stehmann <anw...@rechtsanwalt-stehmann.de>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice in Fedora 19?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:19:00 GMT
Am 08.02.2013 10:57, schrieb Jörg Schmidt:
> Hello,
>
>>> It's not only Fedora, but also other GNU/Linux
>> distributions using such
>>> transitional packages. It's a common way supporting users to update
>>> their system.
>>

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominative_use
>
> Mmh ...
>
> I read that, but what is your opinion? Did you mean that the current situation is OK
or this needs to be improved?

> I think Rob's statement was correct, or in other words:
>
> Maybe Pepsi is good, Maybe Coke is good, Maybe both are good
>
> but:
>
> Pepsi in a Coke bottle is not good and Coke in a Pepsi bottle is also not good.
>

> note:
> I'm _not_ talking about the _technical part_, because of it I do not know enough. But
I'm talking about the public impact of terms.

IMO it's not the best way trying to make Apache OpenOffice part of
GNU/Linuy distributions again to blame them.

Yes, I'm also talking about the public impact.

So let's concentrate to the thinks, which are now important, as Andrea
has proposed.

Regards
Michael