openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice in Fedora 19?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:04:01 GMT
> From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]

> It comes down to user confusion.  We've already seen users confused by
> this, where they think they are installing OpenOffice and instead get
> something else.  This is classic trademark infringement.  You can't
> offer bottles of Coca-Cola for to consumers and then fill the bottles
> with Pepsi.

+1

Yes, this is a true statement.

In my opinion the problem is not only the problem with the trade mark (or the simple program-name)
but also a public relations problem.
 I do not know the team of Feodora, but I know many people of LO / TDF and, let me be clear,
_some_ (_not_ all) consider it well to cultivate a public representation that users subliminally
says that LO's successor OOo is . (not as an official statement, but subliminally)

I think these things are a real problem for AOO (In the public perception) and we must endeavor
that something is changing.
Do not get me miss, it's not a matter of dispute, but a question of correct handling each
other.

Greetings
Jörg