openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice in Fedora 19?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 09:57:13 GMT
Hello,

> > It's not only Fedora, but also other GNU/Linux
> distributions using such
> > transitional packages. It's a common way supporting users to update
> > their system.
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nominative_use

Mmh ...

I read that, but what is your opinion? Did you mean that the current situation is OK or this
needs to be improved?

I think Rob's statement was correct, or in other words:

Maybe Pepsi is good, Maybe Coke is good, Maybe both are good

but:

Pepsi in a Coke bottle is not good and Coke in a Pepsi bottle is also not good.

note:
I'm _not_ talking about the _technical part_, because of it I do not know enough. But I'm
talking about the public impact of terms.

Greetings,
Jörg