openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schmidt <joe...@j-m-schmidt.de>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice in Fedora 19?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:34:43 GMT
Hello,

> From: Pavel Janík [mailto:Pavel@Janik.cz]

> Is it LO who is infringing on our trademark or is it Fedora
> who is misusing our trademark for other project?

I'm not sure how to understand this question.

Please understand that I am not a developer and I do not understand the technical
details, I do not know exactly who is to blame.

> Shouldn't we
> notify Fedora people politely about this situation

yes, absolutely. there you are absolutely right.

> and let them (and help them!) solve the issue first?

Yes.

(again my position:
I have *no* criticism of Feodora, I have *no general* criticism of LO but I know
_some_ people (from TDF/LO) do not feel uncomfortable when they see the user to
mistakenly believe that LO would be the successor of OOo.)

Greetings,
Jörg