openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1441659 - /openoffice/site/trunk/templates/sidenav.mdtext
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 04:00:56 GMT
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> I've reverted that commit.  Getting this wrong could have serious
>>> repercussions, so let's make sure we get it right.
>>
>> Not exactly. You left the link which was the main thing I wanted to add! A full revert
would have been anti-social. The sociable thing is to ask the committer to do it. It's their
commit and we are all in this together. OK.

> IMHO, the sociable thing is not to feel such exclusive ownership over
> one's commit that one would be offended if someone else reverted it
> because they thought it was harmful.  We are all in this together,
> right?

Nope.  It's universally uncool to revert someone else's commit.  You
raised the -1, let *them* do the revert, after you've provided
convincing rationale to the community...

--tim