openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject BZ issues with patches
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 15:03:35 GMT
I noticed last night that we have a lot of open BZ issues with patches
attached.  This query shows nearly 500 of them:

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/buglist.cgi?f1=attachments.ispatch&list_id=44808&o1=equals&resolution=---&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ACCEPTED&v1=1

I did a spot check and there is quite a mix of material here:

1) Some are recent patches, from Pedro, for example.

2) Some are patches from Symphony from 2012 that have not yet been integrated

3) Some are user-submitted patches, some quite old, which were stalled
for good reasons, e.g., they included GPL code.

4) Some are ones that seem quite reasonable and should probably be integrated.

So a good task for developers with a few minutes, is to check the
results of the above query and see if you can can find some good
patches.  Even if you have no time to integrate them yourself, maybe
mark some of them as "easy" tasks for new developers.

Thanks!

-Rob