openoffice-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mac] 8 characters can kill Mac programs
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 05:48:23 GMT
Marcus,

On 13-02-06, at 18:02 , "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Hi Mac user,
>
> I stumbled over this news article (sorry, German only):
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Acht-Zeichen-killen-Mac-Programme-1796645.html
>
> That includes this link:
>
> http://openradar.appspot.com/13128709
> OSX apps (TextEdit) crashing in spell-checker (I think).
>
> I don't know if AOO is depending on the spellchecking service from MacOS X but maybe
someone could try if AOO is affected, too.

> Thanks
>
> Marcus

Magic words will crash the lesser but AOO shrugs at magical cant. Tried it. No effect. Used
English CA, UK, USA.

So then trotted out the quivering control group, but stopped after trying it on—and succeeding
with—Just Notes. (FWIW, am using latest OS X and latest (OOo-dev) AOO for Mac OS X.)

Lesson: Use AOO.

Best and thanks,
louis